Tuesday, February 16, 2010

(2/16/2010)

It has been a while since I posted last. Since my last post, the ESB has pretty well finished fermenting. I plan to bottle the beer on Friday of this week. A special thanks goes out to Van who has let me borrow his bottling tree. With 100 or so bottles, Friday is going to be busy.

The fermentation went pretty well. Surprisingly, I had to continuously add hot water to the water bath to maintain the fermentation temperature. After the krausen fell, I allowed the beer to stabilize at 58 deg. With such a low temperature in the basement, I think I might try to tackle my first lager. I might try a Classic American Pilsner for my first.

Following bottling on Friday, I will be brewing again on Sunday. This time I will be brewing an American Brown Ale. I will post the recipe and a picture of the fermentation temp control water baths soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment