Thursday, January 14, 2010

(1/13/2010)

Well it has been a very long day. I made a ton of progress on my 3 tier system. The day started with me completing the wooden frame. I went to Lowe's and bought stain to make it a little more eye catching. I also found braces meant for conduit to use as supports for the plumbing. After finishing the wood structure, I also managed to finish 90% of the plumbing. And, to top it all off, I stained the entire frame. Needless to say, this day off has been very long but productive. Tomorrow my plan is to polish the plumbing, but I guess we will see what time I get up.

I have been thinking alot about what to brew for the first couple of beers on the new system. I have quite a bit of Amarillo hops laying around and a good bit of 2-row still. I was thinking my first brew might be either an American pale ale or an IPA. Not really sure yet, but I might also have to consider making something pretty low gravity just to build up some yeast. Maybe an ordinary bitter followed by the APA or IPA...

Well that's it for now. After today I may be ahead of schedule to have the system completed by the end of the month. Once I re-assemble everything, I will try to post some pictures just in case any one is actually reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment